Tuesday, May 10, 2011

...being a mom...


We all have our own opinions on what being a mom means, but fortunately for the past 7 weeks, I have learned for myself what it means to be a mom.
Being a mom means...
putting yourself last
opening your heart completely
crying more than you ever knew you could
EVERYTHING makes you cry
learning what innocence looks like
there is ALWAYS laundry to be done
MY baby will always be the cutest baby around
NOTHING my baby does can gross me out
I can sleep later
nothing can make your heart melt the way a child's smile does
you really can never take too many pictures
you finally know what it feels like to be complete

Being Parker's mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I was sitting there watching him sleep the other, and I wondered to myself what did I do with myself before he was around. I don't remember life without him, and NEVER do I want to know a life without him again. I ask myself everyday what did I do in my life to deserve something so perfect. I am so thankful God has blessed me with the opportunity to be this little guys mom.

1 comment:

  1. awww such a cute post! You are such a good Mom. It really is the best thing ever and you have no idea what its like or how to explain how you love a little baby so much until you are a mom. He really is such a super cute baby! Of course I think my babies are the cutest but I'm not going to lie he is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete